MMD Latex compile creates file with missing input line

Hello,
apologies if I’m missing something obvious, but I’m a little stumped.
I have just moved over to a new Mac (M3, from an old Intel Mac), and now I am encountering an issue when compiling for MMD->LaTex.
I have a custom format that I have imported from the old mac, I have also manually checked that all settings match. Because the issue happens when compiling, I think it’s something to do with Scrivener, rather than the MMD or Latex installation, though I’m not 100% sure.

I have set particular Metadata, pointing for example to a custom header file:
latex input - …/phd-header
Insert Project Metadata here
Base Header Level - 4
Bibtex - …/library
Bibliostyle - rcsnew
latex footer - …/phd-memoir-footer
latex input - …/phd-article-begin-doc

I have also set the LaTex document class to “None (Use Metadata)”.
Strangely, it seems to ignore both the first and the last line, failing to include the header and the bits in “phd-article-begin-doc”. It does include the footer though.
The file structure is identical on both Macs when it comes to the location of the Scrivener files and the custom Latex files.

Any ideas why it might be ignoring the two “latex input” lines on one computer, but not the other?
If there’s any information missing from my question, let me know, happy to supply anything that gets me past this mystery…

Thank you,
Christoph

It could be you were using an older version of MultiMarkdown on the previous computer. I don’t think the LaTeX Input key has been valid for a while now. Here are the current LaTeX-related metadata keys in the documentation.

If you can get away with it, I definitely recommend following the naming scheme described in the “LaTeX Config” key. That way you can specify which template you want to use with a simple single line. I put my template files into the texmf folder, so they can be called upon from any compile folder.

Brilliant, I’ll try that,

Thank you so much for the quick reply!

Best,
Christoph

Thank you again for solving my problem, really appreciated. Your recommendation makes it much neater too, I obviously hadn’t kept up with the changes. I’m using the naming scheme now.
All sorted and working now.

Thank you!

2 Likes