I decided to compile my manuscript for the first time it turned out to be over 700 pages. However, when I ran it through Microsoft Word and googled the word count to page ratio, it was 390 at the highest. I checked on all the compile settings and it’s still happening.
I don’t think these two numbers are the same. 700 pages is the total length of the manuscript. 390 looks like the number of words per page.
In any case, the number of pages will depend on the page size and margins, the font size, and the line spacing.
That’s what I thought too, but then I pasted the text into Microsoft Word and the total page count wound up being 390.
Again, the number of pages will depend on the page size, the font size, and the line spacing. My guess is that you went from double to single spaced. You could use the word count to confirm that the output document does indeed include everything it should.