I looked for this bug and didn’t see it logged anywhere. When switching between a multi and single monotor setup, there is an error in the initial window position.
Steps to Reproduce (one way):
- Create a project where it can be accessed by two machines (e.g. shared folder, dropbox, whatever)
- Open the project on a multi-monitor setup.
- Position the Scrivener window on the extended monitor (make sure the monitors are in extended mode and not duplate mode)
- Close the project
- Open the project on a single monitor setup
- Scrivener window is opened ‘off screen’ (e.g. outside the bounds of the single monitor) where you can’t get access to it.
Expected Behavior: the window opens on the visible screen
Alternate steps (I think this works):
- Create a project on a laptop setup with multiple monitors
- open the project and positon the scrivener window on the extended monitor (make sure the monitors are in extended mode and not duplicate mode)
- close the project & shutdown the laptop
- undock the laptop (or otherwise disconnect the extended monitor)
- restart the laptop
- Open scrivener project - the window will open off screen where it is inaccessable.
Expected Behavior: the window should open on the visible screen.