Multiple versions of Scrivener

I have an older version of Scrivener for a Mac. I still have access to the Mac and have saved the files to DropBox. I now more commonly use a Windows machine and want to buy the relevant Scrivener. I read somewhere that A) there’s now the possibility of converting Scrivener files between the two operating systems B) there may be a discount code for already being a customer (I am still involved in education).

Can someone please advise?

Here is the article you are looking for. :slight_smile: There are some necessary limitations though, such as us only storing about five years of records before deleting them, to protect one’s privacy. It’s worth getting in touch with tech support anyway though, to see if there is something that can be done.

Oh, and here is the article on compatibility between systems.

Many thanks for your quick response, AmberV! I can see my original license is too old to get the discount but I guess if I upgrade the Mac version, which I’ll need to do anyway, I’ll be able to do it.

That’s true, I think the net cost would be about the same to upgrade one and get the discount on the other, as it would be to buy the other outright (not sure about educational discount though). But that way you’d at least be up to date on the Mac, which is good since the old version doesn’t even run on newer systems.

1 Like