Version: 220.127.116.11 Beta (909024) 64-bit - 28 Apr 2020
I just had a very serious problem in the current beta version of the program. I have no earthly idea how to reproduce it.
I was making an edit to a scene (an individual file in a folder) and then I realized that I was making the change in the wrong scene. So I used the mouse in the binder to select the correct scene (still in the same folder). I made the needed changes, and then went back to the first scene to remove the unnecessary changes. I used the “UNDO” (CTRL-Z) command for that.
Then I went to go back to the correct scene (the second scene, above) and IT WAS GONE!!! Completely vanished, missing from the manuscript.
I looked in the Trash, I looked in my Orphaned Scenes folder, I’ve looked everywhere for it. I checked the word count in the Project Stats thingy and it AGREED that the scene was missing-- it was off by about the write number of words. There were around 53,000 words before, and now around 51,000-- which is about the correct number of words for that scene.
I don’t think I did anything unusual. I can’t recall any fumble-fingers or errant keystrokes. I only used the mouse to click on the scenes in the binder and locate te cursor to the correct position to make the edits. It’s just GONE.
I’m not overly horrified as I have a backup of the scene I can easily retrieve it from but I thought you all should know right away. Something happened, and I don’t think it was me. I’ll be happy to cop to it if it was somehow, but I don’t think I did anything to make it happen.