New book technology

“It is not who votes that counts, but who counts the votes.” Stalin

I.e. you have to find ways to steal the fruits of the labour of WSJ:s writers, editors and publishers…

And you claim that NYT leans to the left?

First of all just to be clear I don’t read WSJ because it is behind a paywall, but just mentioned in passing that some people do that. And, second of all yours is a non sequitor having no relationship to the leanings of the NYT.

I don’t know if Steve loves cats but according to Ling’s biography of him the Prophet Mohamed definitely loved cats and was known to keep kittens in the pockets of his robes and play with them.

I don’t think of it as a new book technology. These can be called as E-comics.
Regards,
Lewis

It’s a new technology.
If not here and now, maybe a long time ago in a galaxy far far away? :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=MOXQo7nURs0 (“Introducing the book book”)

youtube.com/watch?v=pQHX-SjgQvQ (“Medieval helpdesk”)

Considering all that has happened in the intervening years including covid, BLM, George Floyd riots, Antifa wrecking the NW, “Jan 6”, defunding the police leading to massive crime surges leading to Walmarts and others to close shop because of thefts, over turning of Roe, people relocating to States that support their political stance (Blue/Red divide) and so on. Do you still feel the same way?

• I live in the Northwest. We’re fine. The supposed “wrecking of the NW” is a great example of wildly misleading news coverage, often with a political agenda.

• The police were not actually defunded anywhere, crime rates remain low by historical standards, and the near-term increase in crime rates has occurred in extremely conservative places as well as “blue” places. The “massive crime surges” are also a great example of wildly misleading, politically motivated news coverage.

So yes, I still feel that your opinion is largely based on inaccurate media reports and does not accurately reflect the situation in the US. I am significantly more optimistic than I was in 2018, largely due to the results of the last three elections.

2 Likes

Indeed, but a lot of people like to pretend that isn’t so, these days.

Instead, I would recommend DemocracyNow, Chris Hedges Report, and Al Jazeera from Qatar. Also, individual journalists such as Seymour Hersh and Glen Greenwald.

I’m English and live in the UK, but I’ve been subscribing to The Baffler since when it was still edited by Thomas Frank. Nothing remotely like it in the UK where the main alleged left magazine and political party accept sponsorship by Coca-Cola and an arms manufacturer.

The Baffler is brutal at times, but then so are the people and politics they write about.