NiaD Episode VI: Return of the NiaD

Dang it piggy! Stop being so helpful!

So Marleys can interact with anyone not specifically forbidden. That unhinged my entire chapter.

No… it’s Vic-k’s brain sucking genetically engineered, world domination focused breed of pigeons.

Half the day gone, and I’m just starting to look at mine. Though to be fair, I kinda expected this. I was out Friday night, and then I was sleeping – on a 5 hour differential – so although it’s past noon in London, it’s 7:30 here. Knowing I ought to finish this in 8 hours feels like tightening the screws a little. I don’t know why, but as a pantser, I thought I’d just be able to rattle something off in an hour, and then start tinkering with it. I feel like I need time now to absorb what I’m working with. And to do research on the finance world, which is totally not my thing. =x

Can… but that doesn’t mean they should.

For those panicking about the areas out of their experience (like the SC redneck who may be typing his) I will quote an uncle who quoted someone else quoting an unknown source

Seriously though… we all know this is a fun way to test our own ability to adapt and adjust. Poor Piggy has been dealing with the dumba$$ redneck asking about venacular all morning. And now he blows my whole plot out of the water. I havneed no idea where I’m going but I’ve got time to figure it out.

Are suggesting the ability to alter visible state?

I think I said to someone else “They can be seen by everyone when here… by default— but they can whisk themselves away pretty quickly”

Okay here’s a definitive position: Have a Marley do what they want to do. If they want to be visible while there, they can be. If they want to not be seen - that’s cool too.

I still think you were doing that because you think it’s funny just to get me to send you emails with lists of swear words in them.

BAH HUMBUG! :smiley:

It’s a colloqual term for “bone-in rib roast”; to distinguish from the kind that has the bone already removed, the longer term is “Marley bone”.

I tried Vic-k first, but he was napping.

Hi Vic-k!

The chapter count is up to three and I’m caught up with the questions for the moment.
I’m going to take a quick tea break away from the monitor. See you in a bit!

Anyone else listening to Christmas music?

No? Just me? Okay then.
As you were.

Piggy,

You’re nuts.

And this brief covers too much. I’m only halfway into the second of the 4 parts indicated and i’m at 1800. Anyone of my peers complaining about this one?

Yeah, that’s totally what I thought too… I miss that blissful innocence, now I have only five hours to go… :frowning:

Okay, firstly: 1800? You mean words, presumably since it’s 1505 here in the UK and 1006 where you are. You can always edit later – or go long. I’m confident you’ll get the pacing right! You don’t need to cover all the elements at the same detail or pacing.

You might be the first person in the history of NiaD to worry you’ve got far too much to write!?!

It’s definitely a tougher exercise than ‘a day to write a chapter’ suggests! :slight_smile:

Look at what you gave me! I have to build character, context, plot, subplot, alternate universes, time machines, introduce vic-k and ALL his personalities AND then make sure I cover the brief!

seriously though. I’m looking at 3K plus and that’s cutting a lot. I’ve cut half and I’m sitting on 2k with most of the brief left to go. What’s my upper limit?

There’s no upper limit, save that imposed by time and good taste. I think the most we’ve ever had is 4,200!?!

Not a plot point as such, but I’ve used the term “upstairs” for whoever the marley’s real boss might be. Anyone with an actual name in the plot summary I am assuming is no more than low-level management.

I am just throwing this in as a possibility, but I remember A Matter of Life And Death as being similarly vague.