NiaD Episode VI: Return of the NiaD

And here I thought years of exposure to Vic-K and Jaysen would have destroyed that naïve optimism.

Dev, me old buddy, you may not have been aware of it, but, exposure to the influences and vibes. emanating from Numpty and me, have only stood you in good stead. On the one hand, you’ve had me as an example of a literary giant, at the pinnacle of excellence, for you to seek to emulate. On the other hand you have Numpty as an example of just how low it is possible to sink. Both literally-n-metaphorically in numpty’s case
Good luck on Sat, and … ENJOY!!!
Take care
Vic

Girondin100, k410, tallgrassgrows!

I’ve sent you a private message with details of how what to send over - including a writing sample for me to check. Please can you get that back to me as soon as possible so that I have enough time to sort out all the briefing packs etc (and do my day job!). Ideally, that means by lunchtime today, but as an absolute hard stop I’m going to have to say 6pm UK time. I’ve not got the details in your private message I’m afraid I won’t have the time to get everything set up this time (although there’s always the full event in October!).

For any one else just finding this forum now - Sorry to say that…
[size=150]SIGN UP IS NOW CLOSED[/size]
and we’re not able to add any more of you.

You’re verrrrry cruel!!
Poor numpty :frowning:

Thank you, pigfender. I’ll have to pass this time around. (Time zones and day jobs!) Until next time …

Hey! I just noticed Michael Bywater in the list — I knew he was a Scrivener user. I’m old enough to remember the columns in early MacUser UK magazines. I had a small review published in MacUser UK once, but did most of my writing for AppleUser and MacTimes in those days. It’s an honour to serve with you, sir!!

k410, Okay - thanks for letting me know. Check back in September for the sign-up sheet for October!!

Sadly, I am unlikely to be able to participate due to events over the past two weeks that culminated this evening. It breaks my heart (even more) to step back from this year’s NiaD, but sometimes plans have to change.

Blessings to all of this year’s NiaDers. I look forward to reading the final novella(s) in a couple of days.

Nom, no one will fault you for that. NiaD will come around again making it the unimportant part right now. Take care.

What Jaysen said.

THREE HOURS TO GO!

Medieval monastery? Wartime submarine? Hurry up midnight. Nothing can be more terrifying than what I’m imagining.

Buahahahaha!

Oh bejezus… *taps foot impatiently…

Ten minutes to go…

Fair warning - it might be 15 minutes late… server uploading is going very slowly…!

I actually dreamt that I had opened my email and was reading the writing package… 15 mins ago. :blush:

Have the packages gone out yet?

Yep, i’m actually sitting here at midnight :slight_smile:

Hopefully some of you should see these come through now - they’re saying they’re sending!
Grateful if you could confirm…

I have received mine!

gr