NiaD X

OMG, at this rate, I guess I’ll have my JD by morning. :exclamation:

Wow.
Potentially :open_mouth:

:slight_smile:

Yay!
The fun has started the brief if here!

What the rule on swearing?

wait… when did we start talking about rules?

There aren’t real rules. Just think about possible readers. I’m probably one of the more … 4 letter liberals … but I try not to. Just happens.

We have an FAQ on that one! comparison to other word processors and writing tools

Well, it’s gone 3am and the questions seem to have calmed down so I’m going to head off to bed for a few hours.

See you all in a bit – hope you’re having fun with it!

Well…

it is unlikely that I’m really good, so the work must be absolute sh!t. But Piggy has my chapter submission. I swear he’s giving me the easy ones. By far my shortest submission to date at 1257 words (I think my last one was nearly 5k).

No!!!

I didn’t want to have to do this, Jaysen, but you give me no choice. It’s time for the quiz.

[_] I am not a robot.

How many people taking part this year :question:

It’s going to be a late night…

Indeed…

Coffee time. All hail Caffeine!

What? You’ve finished?! Already! :mrgreen:
I haven’t even started yet! I’m still doing research.
Why couldn’t we have had a nice fantasy about wizards, something like the Hobbit or Lord of The Rings?

I think that’s a lovely thought maybe we can have a quote of his inside front cover a way as a community of sharing this book with him

There are no easy chapters! :smiley:

In fact I woke up to find that three chapters had been submitted! (Jaysen’s was indeed the first)

Everyone in all the stories done over the past 10 years has been a hobbit wizard. They just don’t like to talk about it.

The honest answer is that I’m intimidated by the sheer amount of world building required to do fantasy well and not have it be, well, just another story where the characters just happen to be hobbits and it’s mentioned once and never discussed again,… and, I wouldn’t want to just borrow someone else’s world and trust that everyone has read that book. People will be complaining that they couldn’t get started until 6pm because they had to binge watch the entire Peter Jackson LotR movie series before they could get writing!!! :slight_smile:

That’s not to say that I won’t get over that, and figure something out for a future year though.

@pigfender

I guess you’re right.

Could JRR Tolkien have written Lord of the Rings in just one day?

Now, THAT would be a challenge! :smiley:

The movies are not canon, so such an activity would be anathema.

My favourite approach I’ve seen to that is in Michael Connelly’s Mickey Haller series. In the books, the movie “The Lincoln Lawyer” actually exists – the characters acknowledge that Matthew McConaughey was in a movie about them and they got some stuff wrong and hollywoodised other things.