Novel-in-a-Day 1* - SPECIAL TENTH ANNIVERSARY EDITION

6 missing. 6 minutes. Hope springs eternal.

2 Likes

@gr Will there be a super-duper NiaDWeb bespoke edition?

1 Like

Thar she blows! 1 minute past the witching hour.

1 Like

I think I was Chapter 2 or 3…At least it was, in the original version from 2011.

1 Like

Does the dark reign in the midnight?

Well, we managed to get one of the 6 missing chapters in shortly before midnight. Luckily it does mean that we have at least version of each chapter!

Apologies for the delay in getting these compiled – The 2021 tenth anniversary edition is NOW LIVE!
Go check out the updated post here…

4 Likes

Congratulations to everyone involved! :partying_face: And a special thanks to pigfender and anyone else who helped with the huge task of wrangling this thing into shape.

7 Likes

TheDark_10yr_med

2 Likes

Huge thanks to everyone who took part today to help us celebrate 10 years of writing quickly together! Of course none of this would be possible without the lovely people at LL, especially @KB @Jaype and @AmberV who kindly let us take over their forum each year, and of course make Scrivener which is the engine behind absolutely every stage of the NiaD process!

Let me know what you thought of the day, and of the finished books! I’m really looking forward to reading them myself tomorrow. But for now… I’m off to bed!

(maybe leave the light on, though)

7 Likes

Yay
Well done to you!

1 Like

We couldn’t have done it without you, Pigfender!! Thank you for all of your hard work!!!

1 Like

I’m chuffed (I think that is the proper term for the far side of the pond) by reading the other versions of the brief. Not sure mine holds up to the book but I do like how it came out.

Well done all.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for all your hard work pigfender it’s really appreciated

2 Likes

Yes,
Thank you Pigfender!

2 Likes

I would like to share the book. My blue version in PDF for others to read.

Is this ok ?
and if so, is Facebook ok to use?
Instagram etc

I’m
Not sure that the file could be shared due to its size.

How best to proceed if I want to share with my friends?

This would be the blue version in my case not scrivener etc

Thanks

1 Like

Welp! Now that I get how this works, I can certainly do better and give myself more time. lol. My section is filled with typos, missing words, wrong words, etc. I came back to the thing much later and was like, “Who the heck wrote this?!!!” :joy: Ouf!

Peace and blessings to anyone who can get through my section, haha.

Anyway, I am still grateful to have participated in NIAD and I look forward to the next one. I’ll be in better shape for sure!

2 Likes

Share the link to the page for “The Dark” and tell folks which version they should download. That would be the best way to do it.

3 Likes

Tell me about it! I just weep, but at least I didn’t accidentally send a two hour old RTF in this time. (And thank you ever so much for letting me slip in the right one after-hours that one time, piggy.)

4 Likes

Ok, I just wanted to check what was best
Thanks Jaysen :+1:

Thanks for organizing this, @pigfender! It was a great 1st time, and definitely not as challenging as I first thought it’d be. Helped that it was the 10th anniversary and there was more info for us from the get-go! I love Scrivener, and I appreciate NiaD is supported by them. I can’t wait for next year’s NiaD!

3 Likes