Novel-in-a-Day 3: With a Vengeance

me me pick me!.. i love doing stuff like this

With Reliquary, that brings us to TWENTY-FIVE participants!

Anyone beyond this point interested in signing up, I’m afraid we are now full. I’d be happy to put you on a list for reserve places just in case anyone drops out.

Congrats Reliquary :-)) Good luck.

Saint preserve us all!! Just what we need! One of Scrivener’s miscreanti next to the Earth’s core. No wonder we’re plagued by: tremors; earthquakes; volcanoes and tsunamis :-((

WHAT??? Why would anyone say a thing like that? That’s just cruel. Everyone knows that if you don’t believe in Santa he doesn’t bring you any presents. My aunt taught me this when I was 7 years old and it is possibly the truest thing she ever said. As I aged, I developed a fine appreciation of the truth of what she taught me.
Note: This same aunt also used to sing “I’m happy Jack the Ripper”, so I paid attention to what she said! I can still remember the song.

BUT in a futile attempt to remain topic: 3 weeks! Ouch.

Really? Are you making this up…?
If true, that might be the second coolest thing I’ve heard since I learnt the words to Happy Jack…

There is a theory on these boards that we are all figments of vic-k’s imagination. If true, and vic-k is really a T-8000 model Terminator, then that has some serious implications for our knowledge of the creativity of androids. And may also explain much of the content of the 3-word story.

pigfender: too late to change the plot of this year’s NIAD?
(How about that as a return to topic?)

Welcome aboard! :slight_smile:

(On topic all the way!)

The T-800 part… Absolutely not! See for yourself!

About Vic’s true nature, I’m afraid it’s classified information revealed only on a need to know basis. And I don’t need to know :slight_smile:

Oh, Fluff, my friend, you’re missing the whole point. I told him the truth about the button, but also provided a manual procedure to use instead. A procedure that actually works.

In fact, it’s like telling him that it doesn’t matter whether Santa exists or not, because the elves will build the toys anyway.

But you don’t believe neither in Santa nor the elves, do you? Who’s the true miscreant here then? :slight_smile:

But you have to remember, vic-k is a Thread Terminator model terminator. Even an 8-bit 6502 Motorola chip would be way overpowered for that. Nah, his old 2-bit processor can get the job done.*

–gr

• This is not to say the VIC-2 doesn’t come with any cool special effects. I understand distilled spirits do a kind of liquid metal number on his brains.

Nom, for your valiant attempts to return to topic, you shall be rewarded with one of the good sections.

Uh… And those of us who insist on mixing reality and fiction shall get one of the bad ones? Great! I’m in for that too!

BTW, I was always suspicious about that “randomness” of yours, which actually might have a custom seed :slight_smile:

Well it’s not truly random. You all get chapters from the same book, for example. It’s not like 14 people get chapter briefs, 2 get pictures of wax fruit, 5.5 get a voucher for hair waxing, and 1.8708^2 get the word “yoghurt” spelt out in crème fraiche on the back of a oversized post-it note.

And one person gets a 300 page stream of consciousness from Mr K.

I’ll take a post it note.

Correction: the word “yoghurt” spelt out all grisly-like in crème fraiche on the back of a oversized post-it note.

Still want?

Might make for an improved neck stub …

hmm…i could use that hair waxing voucher… do they do backs?

I guess true randomness only occurs in quantum mechanics.

Only when you don’t look at Fluff :wink:

The ladies in my life must have quantum computers for gray matter.