Novel-in-a-Day 3: With a Vengeance

Then that would make you a NaNo Rebel. The rules don’t apply to you, do they mister big-shot? :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, there’s no penalty to being a rebel, other than a few odd looks. They even have an official forum for you: nanowrimo.org/forums/nano-rebels, the top (sticky) post is titled: “Welcome to Rebellion! You are NOT a cheater.”

Terrific! Thanks!

s’pose it’s a step up from being a Scrivener miscreant and ne’r-do-'ell! :confused:
Vic

“You talking to me???” :laughing:

In that case you forgot to say:

Yo-momma so rebel that she signs up for NaNoWriMo and only writes “clean your room, do your homework and get out of bed already” 50.000 times. 8)

I’m up to chapter 8 I believe. It’s amazing they way Pigfender crafted it this time allowing for continuity while making room for creativity. Any snafu’s yet or conflicts?

Hmmm, can’t believe we’re still on page 30 here. Well, chillaxin’ is in order here.

Regards,
Montrée

Well, I’ve caught up on sleep as well as my household chores, and finally managed to sit down and read the book we wrote. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who took part. It’s amazing how much I was surprised by what people come up with to meet the briefs.

I’ve had a flick through the thread again, and picked out a few of the unanswered questions (Stacey, I know you said you were going to ping a couple of questions over. Happy to answer here, or via email if you prefer).

Musical.

I can do this if people want, either on a no-names “by NiaD 2013” basis, or by listing all 25 authors individually.

I don’t have access to the download stats (or at least, I have no idea how to view them), but I do know that the page hosting has had about 600 views, about 85% of which only visited the page once.

Not as much as you might think. I did very little prior to Ioa’s initial announcement (except for coming up with a two paragraph outline), and if you look at the timestamps for the “Rough Synopsis” and “Chapter brief” for each section in the .scriv file, you’ll see that an awful lot of the prep happened very shortly before the event. Anything more than that can seem a little disingenuous, as I explained here all the way back in February.

Anyway, thanks again to all. I can’t say that every minute pulling together our little trio of books has been fun, but I’m certainly proud of the end results, and hope you all are too.

It deserves to be 60,000 downloads.

I only meant that the hours mount up. If each writer spends just 4 hours writing their chapter, that’s 100 hours…over 4 days. I expect they spend longer. 8 hours each? 8+ days? The novel is completed in a single day, but entails x days of actual work. Think it is ingenious and remarkable.

500 authorial hours + 4 compositing hours in 24 hours. Plus Pf’s prep time.

Well, there’s a simpler maths equation here… 25 people x 1 day = 25 peopledays. So we produced our 50,000 word opus (actually just over 54,000) in less time than it takes to write a NaNoWriMo novel. I’d like to think we did it with more focus on quality and content as well!

How do you run a marathon distance at a sprint pace? Make it a relay.

Never have I felt so good about my writing as I did reading this post.

It didn’t last long mind, but for a couple of seconds it felt darn good! :smiley:

Awesome. Just checking back in. I think the GoodReads idea would be great. Posting the names of all the contributing authors is the route I think we should take.