Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Please count me in. What an interesting idea to co-writing a novel within a day. I’m so excited! :smiley:

Count me in as well, please!

I would like to in join again if there is space but as I have done it twice before perhaps give a newbie a go first.

I’d love to go again if ya have room… last year was so much fun and the Novel turned out great!

I would love to participate!

If genuine warmth and sheer enthusiasm, alone, as exhibited within this thread, could generate a novel, then this year’s NIAD, will surely be a Bestseller!!

Good luck to you all, and here’s wishing you oodles of fun and enjoyment. :wink:
Vic

I am in. No evil shenanigans this year, I promise!

I’m in. :slight_smile:

N’ah this year I intend to stay happy and positive through the whole thing! :smiley:

:open_mouth: :frowning: Well, that didn’t last long. :imp:

Sorry to miss you again, X, but I’m happy that it’s because you’re doing fun stuff instead of because you’ve hacked parts of your body off this year! Hopefully all digits are working again?!

Absolutely!

:imp: :imp: :imp: :smiley:

Well, there’s not toooooo long to wait this year! Just a few minutes shy of 31 days as I type this. WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

Welcome to the forum! Check your messages! :slight_smile:

It did turn out great, didn’t it!? Tell your friends!
(or just write nice things on the Made Man thread)

Welcome aboard. It’s a lot of fun. I’m told.
(wow, that positive thinking thing really wore off quick this year! :wink: )

Yup, record first day turn out, I think?

Don’t make promises you KNOW you can’t keep! :smiley:

Yes you are!

That will not be necessary…

You may have noticed a couple of things that are different this year!

1. We have a shiny new home here in our own forum and away from the now locked Announcements forum. This is great because it means we actually have space to do things like have FAQs posts, and anything else. It also means I have MOD power, which as far as I can tell has no particular benefits except it means that I can edit Jaysen’s posts to make it look like I win every single argument.
  2. I’ve not actually registered myself this year. I haven’t forgotten. I’m not planning on contributing a chapter this year, which frees me up to answer questions, start collating and compiling things earlier, and generally be watchful of SHENANIGANS (Matt). :smiley:
  3. I’ve not posted a limit on the number of attendees…

This isn’t because we’re writing an enormous 60 chapter epic this year. If demand is sufficient, instead of turning people away as we have in previous years, we’ll produce more than one version of the book!

Right. I’m off to try and think of a story. Seeya all tomorrow!

Are those characters prepended to the participant’s names some sort of secret code? :unamused:

And even more alarming, why does nom have more than one?

You know, I’ve been thinking along these exact lines ever since I became the self-nominated and not-outrightly-rejected-and-therefore-somewhat-endorsed non-official emergency baton-carrier in the unlikely and deeply regrettable event that you decided you couldn’t carry it on yourself, which, incidentally, I am very glad to see that you have not (Hmm… I think I’d better work on noun pileups and triple negatives before the true writing starts).

Multiple versions of each chapter, public voting with elected officials to ensure there is no vote tampering, cash prizes provided by piggy for the best version of each chapter, a glitzy gala ballroom award’s ceremony - the Piggy Prize - to squash that upstart rival the Man Booker (do they even bother with a ceremony for that?)… what’s not to like?

And did I mention no shenanigans? Definitely no shenanigans. At least not unless my co-conspirators can exhibit a little more subtlety than last year!

Matt

That’s it, I’m out. Making me precede or follow Bywater yet again is too much to bear. Actually, is he even with us this year?

You’ve scared him off?

/in

Going for 4/4. Do we get a brass medal for completing five events, like some annual events do? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t know about brass medals, but I might be able to organise some virtual ‘winners’ medals to be made up that people can use on their blogs, email signatures, or get tattooed on the appendage of their choosing.

Is that something peeps would be interested in?

No reason…

I’m sure there’s a reason. BUt do we want to know said reason?

Everything has a reason.

For those interested in the process in the run up to the event, today I decided the genre.

Care to share? Give us newbies a hint?

Just reduce the anxiety to that of a mouse being babysat by a hawk… Not much to disclose really.