One thought to "Find & Replace".

Scrivener offers excellent features to replace or exchange text, not only for a single document, but for the entire project. In particular, the ability to search for and replace an expression in the entire project has often been very helpful to me.
I wonder if it would be possible to extend the function so that not only text content could be edited, but also formats could be replaced, for example, a project-wide search for “text” to replace the expression with “text” or “text”.
It would be even more ingenious if users could link a search term project-wide to a document.

You can do this with Markdown formatting, but not with rich text. (If you’re not familiar with it, Markdown uses human readable markup, which the search engine sees as plain text.)

I’m not sure I understand your second question?

Katherine

Hello Katherine,
Thanks for the tip.
About my second question …
In Scrivener, links can be set to documents. I like to set such references in the text for certain expressions, for example the name of a protagonist, which is linked to the character sheet. A networked glossary can be built up this way, but you have to set the links laboriously by hand. What if you could select a term, for example the name of a protagonist, and it would then be searched for project-wide and automatically linked to the character sheet from any document?
Greetings,
Thomas

Have you tried Wiki-style links? See Section 10.1 in the manual.

Not exactly what you’re looking for, as you can’t easily apply them to existing text, but pretty close.

Katherine

Oh, I hadn’t seen that yet. Thank you for pointing it out. I’ll have a look at it right away. Have a pleasant evening and thank you for the quick reply.