Here’s a weird one for you!
When I double-click a project created in Scrivener 1.54 to open it in 2.2, I get the usual update window and everything works fine.
When I double-click an ALIAS pointing to that project (I made aliases of all my Scrivener projects to aid in reorganizing and updating them), the project still opens and updates. The normal dialogs about updating appear and disappear. AND THEN…
The last dialog to appear says:
Updating “[project name].scriv”
Updating project settings files…
Here’s a screen shot:
It just sits there. Forever, until I close it. No barber pole movement, no nothing. I checked Activity Monitor, and Scrivener is using zero CPU cycles at that point, so it isn’t actually DOING anything.
Oddly, this dialog often appears BEHIND the project window, so I only find it when I close the project.
The projects seem to work okay, and I can reopen them in Scrivener 2.2.
Nothing shows up in the Console log.
I’m running OS 10.5.8 on a MacBook 4,1 (dual core).
All the best,