PLEASE USE THE TECHNICAL SUPPORT FORUM FOR QUESTIONS

Hi,

Just a request to follow the instructions in the forum description:

This forum is for the FAQ guide and for tips and tricks about Scrivener that you want to share with other users. It is not for asking for help with using Scrivener. Please use the Technical Support forum for that. The main reason I ask this is not only to make it easy to find relevant information for users, but also, if you want me to reply, this is not the place to ask. I don’t check the Tips & Tricks forum more than once a week, as it should not be a place that requires much of my attention. On the other hand, I check the Technical Support forum several times a day, so if you post a question there, you are likely to get an answer.

In general, if you’re not sure where to post, follow these rules:

Am I asking a question?
If so, post in Technical Support.

Do I have a tip or something really helpful that I have found in my workflow with Scrivener that I want to share with other users to help them?
If so, post here.

Do I have a question or tip relating to some different software?
If so, post in Software by Other Folk.

If you’re still not sure, post in Technical Support.

Thanks for your co-operation,
Keith

I’d love it if this forum would be renamed to “Tips on using Scrivener”, I just deleted my post that was in the wrong forum.

Hello,
where can I open en new thread in the forum? I didn’t found a button for that. :angry:

Best regards
Martin Zielinski.

Navigate to the relevant sub-forum, in this case I chose Technical Support (Mac), then click New Topic.

Agreed, Windows for Scrivener sounds like I’m having problems with the program itself, installing it or it’s crashing. Using Scrivener sounds like the exact problem I have where I don’t know how to use one specific tool. I also posted wrongly but I can’t see where to delete my original post.