Printing Cards

Hi all. I’m pretty new to the program, so please pardon me if this is a dumb question. Is there a way to print the index cards, as index cards? In other words, I have a card filing system in the real, physical world, that I’d like to begin developing using this tool. Until now, I’ve used a MS Word template to generate/print the cards. But as Scrivener already has the index card feature, I’m wondering if I can’t use Scrivener to do this? Thanks for any suggestions.

CPR

Hi CPR,

I’m afraid there is no way to print the cards as actual index cards currently. A big obstacle to this is the fact that I don’t have an index card printing machine. :frowning: Sorry.

Best regards,
Keith

Hey KB, Thanks for the response. Not sure I understand your point about not having an index card printing machine though. Doesn’t any printer serve? As I understand it, it’s just a question of setting the paper size as the template and off you go. I’ve printed hundreds on my Epson Stylus 760.

Anyway, thanks. I’m enjoying the program.

Well, you learn something new every day. :slight_smile: I’ll have to look into it. It would be a complicated process, though, as I would need to write my own routines for placing the cards on the page and so forth, and then there is the problem of how the text of virtual index cards can run much longer than real world index cards, so this is a definite “maybe off in the future somewhere” thing.

All the best,
Keith