Problem in asian fonts encoding when exporting to .docx

There seems to be a problem with the encoding of asian fonts (Japanese) when exporting a document to .docx. See screenshot attached. This never happened before, and all I did recently was updating the OS to Mojave. Is this a known issue? What’s a possible solution? Exporting to pdf is fine.
Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 11.59.40.png

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54366

:slight_smile:

Thanks for this. Installing Java did not fix the issue. However, the workaround (exporting .rtf first) did.

Installing Java will work, but you must follow the other instructions too - you need to tick “use system Java version” in Scrivener’s Preferences and quit and restart Scrivener for it to take effect.

I did that. It doesn’t work.

Could you please attach a sample project? Every other project we have tested has worked with the above-mentioned fix, so we’ll need to reproduce the issue to work out what is going on.

I also am having the same problem (in my case, with Japanese). I’m using Mac OS 10.13.6. I followed the instructions: installing the Java version linked here (twice), selecting “use system Java version” in Scrivener’s Preferences, and quitting and restarting Scrivener. I tried the latter many times, to no avail (even after rebooting my computer).

For some reason, my computer doesn’t seem to be using the Oracle Java–the spaceship (rather than the coffee cup) icon appears while the document is being compiled. Do you have any more advice, re: Java installation or anything else to try?

Thank you!