Problem with importing websites after update Mac OS Mojave 10.14.4

I have the same problem and it’s not trivial. I’ve always used Scrivener to co-ordinate my research and now all my carefully saved websites are gone. Over more than dozen books and several years! Please try to fix this!

(And no, I don’t appreciate being told to fix it myself, thanks.)

ETA: I see there’s a workaround, so I’ll use that for now.

What about the „few days“, Keith?

Hi,
Same problem here since the Mojave update, please it is not a minor issue.
The workaround isn’t satisfying in production mode.
Thanks,
frth

Now I got the Mojave 10.4.5 update today, but still the webarchives don’t open in scrivener. Apple bug? IMHO, Literature and Latte will have to revise their code. So: Please, fix this problem immediately!!

See also https://www.literatureandlatte.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57029!

Just to note that for those writers like me who frequently work without internet access, either intentionally or of necessity, the workaround is not helpful, and this is a critical ongoing problem. Making my voice heard in case y’all were thinking that the workaround made this problem a less urgent priority.

Which workaround is that, that you are referring to? The one I believe was mentioned up-thread is to use the Open in External Editor feature and view the .webarchive file in Safari (by default). If the file doesn’t actually display in Safari correctly while offline, then it’s no good to you offline anyway, regardless of where you are viewing it from. To be clear, some webpages do not archive well, or at all. Whether a viewer can view them will not change that.

There are other workarounds listed in the other thread.

Please, AmberV, don’t focus any longer on workarounds! What we need is a well working copy of Scrivener!

Very well, you’re on your own. :smiling_imp:

Sorry to chime in as someone that is not affected (I’m still on Sierra, general Updatetophobia regarding Apple), but I work mostly offline and I have always thought that using webarchives is the workaround. Even when it works, it never works well (for offline purposes). I export the web page as PDF and pop it into the research folder. I find this procedure simple, straightforward and easy to use. I see no reason to blame Scrivener for something that they didn’t break.

First, @AmberV, thank you – I didn’t realize that the file would load while offline. That helps me enormously, and I’m grateful.

Second, as to not blaming Scrivener: I certainly don’t blame them for the problem at all and have nothing but affection for all things Scrivener, including its makers. I am a Scrivener evangelist. But it’s SUCH a big issue, and Keith posted on April 4 that “I have found a workaround,” so it’s understandable that some people are starting to feel antsy that it hasn’t been implemented six weeks later.

But knowing I can open in external editor offline helps a ton.

I, too, am experiencing the same issue. Looking forward to a “fix” soon. Thank you.

Any update on when we can see the ‘fix’? It would be nice to have an idea if possible. I’ve started using OneNote but have lost stuff on there before…and would rather go back to Scrivene for this…

3.1.3 has just been posted, which has a workaround for this problem.

It works. Thanks a lot!!

THANKS!