Problems signing in to forum [Solved]

I’ve had to change my password because I got a warning that it had been compromised in a data leak. I use 1Password and changed it on the MBA, updating 1Password in the process.

Having done so, I can sign in on the MBA, using “Open & Fill” in 1Password. But both my iPad and my iPhone return “Wrong username or password” in both Safari and DuckDuckGo browsers, whether copied and pasted from 1Password or typed in by hand. I can’t check the Mac Mini till tomorrow evening or Thursday.

Anyone got any ideas as to what might be going on?

Thanks

Mark

Sounds like (?) 1Password hasn’t synced the new password to the other devices yet?

Edit: What I do when changing passwords, I change them first in 1Password, then copy paste into the site, then say “no” to when 1Password invites me to save–since the new password is already in 1Password. Then I delete the password if it’s also in macOS Keychain, then next time Keychain invites me to save it there, I either do it (for less sensitive passwords) or decline (for sensitive passwords).

1 Like

Thanks, but it’s not that. I sometimes do as you do, but did so for this one because the system here needs you to respond to a reset password email. The 1Password entry is the same on all devices. And as I said, it won’t even accept the password if I type it in myself, and my username has been the same since January 2007 so that isn’t wrong.

So I’m at a loss!

:slight_smile:
Mark

I had the same strange behaviour - only not in the Lit & Lat forum, but elsewhere. And not with a new password, but with an existing one (I had been logged out before for a reason unknown to me).

It took me a few tries, and when it finally worked, I didn’t use the “Open and Fill” function, but copied both the username and password separately from 1Password into Safari. As I said, strange.

Thanks Suavito. It’s a comfort to know that it does happen. As for “Open and Fill”, that works on the Macs, but iPhone/iPad requires the username and password to be copy and pasted, or typed in.

I’ll leave it till tomorrow and try then.

:slight_smile:
Mark

I think I saw an update to 1Password push through on my iPhone last evening. Perhaps a pending update on your mobile devices is a factor in how the copy/paste is behaving from 1Password?

1 Like

I still don’t know what caused the problem; I couldn’t log on on the Mac Mini, either, only on the MBA. The same password was showing on all devices, but…

Anyway, I reset the password yet again—actually for a third time as, in the middle of the process, I had to answer the front door to a neighbour and by the time I got back, I had lost the password I had just set!—and now all is well and working on all devices.

:smiley:

Mark

1 Like