project targets

Since recently updating a manuscript checked in Inspector not to include in compile is showing in the Project Target.

Sorry, could you elaborate? What do you mean by a manuscript checked not to be included? Do you mean one of the text documents? How do know this text is being included?
All the best,
Keith

Soz I should have said folders. I am using the manuscript template within which I have five folders with many scenes which I have unchecked so that these are now not to be included in a future compile.

A new group of folders which I have started under a second manuscript template has folders and scenes which are checked to be incl in compile.

Usually then, in project targets only those to be included in compile (to date c 30,000 words would show). However, for some reason it is still including the other folders and showing a project target of more than 140,000 - must be something simple I am not doing??

Have you un-ticked “Include in Compile” for all of the scenes within those folders? If you’ve only un-ticked it for the folders themselves, that would only tell Scrivener to ignore the text associated with the folder document, not for any subdocuments (so if the folder has no text associated with it then it would make no difference).

All the best,
Keith