Quicker way to undo auto-capitalization

Auto-cap is a great feature most of the time, but sometimes it can be an inconvenience when it caps something you don’t want capped (for example, typing i.e. and getting the “i” uppercase). Hitting cmd+z is fine except it takes your cursor back to the change. Instead, could you implement it like it’s done in word and most other programs and have cmd+z undo the auto-cap but keep the cursor where it was? Not sure if this is possible with OS X’s text system but it would be much appreciated.

I agree that this would be more expedient, but I don’t think I really have any control over this, to be honest. I just deal with the undo stuff, and whenever the OS X text system handles an undo like this, it automatically moves the cursor to the changed text. There is no easy way that I know of to ensure the cursor is at the end of the text in such situations, because the undo is handles internally by the text system itself.
Best,
Keith

In that case, is there a way to make it so that doing things like i.e. won’t be capitalized? Maybe an option to only auto-cap after ". " (period and space)?