Replace with Italics

Just that - I need to replace a name throughout about 70,000 words, simply changing the font to italics. However, the replace does not seem to accept italic font?

Thoughts?

Cheers,

John

All - does the lack of response mean -

a. everyone is busy
b. it is so obvious it does not need explaining
c. no one is sure of how to do it
d. some other response?

:question:

[I have to change some names to italics in an 80,000 word novel - just hope there is an easy answer…]

Just checking: does the font you are using have italics? Some typefaces on the Mac don’t…

I’m sure others will chime in with more informed and nuanced suggestions, but sometimes it’s worth ruling out the obvious.

If I were you I’d do it after I’d compiled, using a word processor.

You might also investigate using MultiMarkDown (MMD). It’s easy enough to do a find / replace that would put asterisks before and after each name.

Martin.

PS: the developer is away for a week, so the small staff is missing a large chunk of its capacity.

'Just checking: does the font you are using have italics? Some typefaces on the Mac don’t… ’ shakes head - thanks, tho. I think the obvious is Search and Replace does not handle font changes…

‘If I were you I’d do it after I’d compiled, using a word processor.’ Ouch - confirms my conclusion.

Thanks all.

Oh well. Always worth checking the obvious, and I didn’t have Scrivener open at the time for a better answer – it had been a while since I last used Find by formatting, so I couldn’t remember if it included Find & Replace. I’ve got Scrivener open now and just checked. It doesn’t.

Looks like there’s the choice of Martin’s suggestion to use a Word processor, or risk RSI from repeating Cmd-G, Cmd-I through 70,000 words (could be OK if the name’s only used 5 times, not so good if it appears multiple times every other page).