Resistance is Not Futile

With Mr K you need to think person^(4+n) where n is a random number somewhere between 0 and 5. It really depends on the day of the week.

All kidding aside Mr K and fellow sufferers really downplay the significance of their suffering. I think the part that we, those who are unafflicted, simply can’t fathom is the compounded psychological pounding produced by the “what is wrong with me?” question. Imagine folks looking at you and thinking “just lazy” or “not trying” or even worse, asking “what is wrong with you? Just do it.”

My conversations with Mr K, carried out off the forums, has caused me to be much more thoughtful when approaching situations where folks are struggling to “get it done”.

Thanks J. Yes. Certainly makes me think (and breathe a sigh of relief). More to it than willpower, fer sure. Sorry if I’ve bruised anyone. Learning a bit. (As usual.) - P

Not from where Im sitting, yaven`t :wink: :smiley:

There`s a load of old twaddle at : True Horror Story From Beyond The Grave The purpose of which, was to enable me to actually, Put on the screen, the 150 words of a synopsis, that I could then copy and paste into an assignment on a writing course.

Every day for months prior to starting AHSFBTG, Id sit looking at the blank screen for hours! Waste of time,...ditto...ditto...feckin ditto! :smiley: But! Have a laugh and joke with other members of Scriveners crew!!!??? Tie me down t keep me out of mischief :smiling_imp: NO IMPERATIVE!! d y see :wink:

So just for a laugh, I tried an experiment, I started typing (for giggles) and carried on. I think its the beginning of chapter three where I actually put the words of the Synopsis on the screen , in less than a few minutes. But! It was weeks later before I was actually, physically able, to copyn`past the sodding thing into my assignment. I was back to the, ‘IMPERATIVE’, shite again…shut down/block.

Is this whats happening in your brain, to one degree or another, on those occasions, you just cant engage?

Gorra go get her up, anmake her breaky!Dobby the House Elf Rides Again` :frowning: .
Vic

Vic: no obligation, acknowledgement, courtesy, apology, explanation or follow-up needed. BUT, just so I don’t let the opportunity pass, you owe me an ale if I ever find my way into* the Red Lion. :smiley:

*Of course, finding my way out of the Red Lion is another matter (especially after good British ale), and may earn you an ale in return.

Not a problem, old matey…not a problem. I never have to, find, my way out, they do it for y 8) They throw yout!! :laughing: No prob, see. Its findin y friggin way home that`s problematic. :open_mouth:
Vic
PS: By the way,are you familiar (not in the biblical sense, obviously), with my mate Gaz? :smiley:
youtube.com/watch?v=t3ENUqV5-bw

I expect that finding my home from the Red Lion will be doubly difficult: a few little obstacles like mainland Europe, Africa and Indian Ocean to navigate. Then again, it didn’t stop me from having a go when I had the prairies of the American mid-west, the Rockies, and the Pacific Ocean to cross.
Umm, I’m not likely to have to snow-shoe across a frozen lake again am I? :confused:

I’ll keep an eye out for Gaz on Toad Poppers Run. Still trying to improve my aim… :smiling_imp:

Good lord, I’s in that topic, sounding like a right navvy.

s rong wi that? :confused:

Nought rong, quartermaster! Nought whatsoever!

`swot I forrt :confused:

I found out about Scrivener from the “Write a book with me” blog on Holly Lisle’s site. It’s all about doing at least 250 words a day every day. There’s something so solitary about writing. Alot of us on the blog comment frequently about how helpful it is. If you don’t feel in the mood to write, you can read what others have posted and it really inspires you to get your butt in the chair.

I have written alot more than I ever have before (staring 50K in the face) and I’m not sure I would have if I didn’t have that blog to encourage me.

It’s VERY laid back-- you set whatever goal you want and just post how you did each day.

If you’re interested the URL is: hollylisle.com/writingdiary2/