Sad

Isn’t there a fix for this here?

The reason we windows users stick with Scrivener, despite some limitations, is that it offers a suite of functionality that is simply not available in any other software.

Honestly I just bought a brand new laptop today because my old one completely died. I am having the same issues described above and had no idea it was because I have some fancy high resolution display…and I didn’t buy the laptop for the high res display. So I’m pretty disappointed Scrivener isn’t running correctly on the new computer. :frowning:

Couple of things:
(1) The whole high res monitor thing stems from the MS Windows implementation of scaling which isn’t quite there yet.
(2) There are workarounds that someone nicer than me has posted elsewhere which means that Scrivener will continue to work and look awesome.
(3) Scrivener is built on version 4.8 of the Qt framework (the latest at the time) which doesn’t have the libraries to deal as well with high res fixes to compensate for MS’s scaling problems as the 5.x versions of Qt. They’ll upgrade to the latest framework, I’m sure, but it involves going through everything again. I’d be amazed if it was done outside of a major paid update (3.x).
(4) You say “you don’t have to be nice” and accuse L&L of “not caring”. Can I suggest that - instead of thinking of L&L as the evil Empire - you think of them as a plucky band of rebels. If you imagine KB as Han Solo, you won’t go far wrong.

Which presumably means Jaype is Leia and AmberV is Chewie?

I call dibs on the Sarlaac

And for the benefit of ndezan167 and others who may need the workarounds, one of the nice people’s posts is here.

That’s not entirely accurate. Using the native Windows frameworks – especially the modern apps framework – does solve the scaling issue neatly, legacy Win32 less so. The problem really is in the version of the Qt framework.

That’s not my experience.

Even core elements of the Windows itself look bad / difficult on some resolutions (depending on what version of Windows you are using).

Hmmm… I’d kind of figured myself as Boba Fett, so I guess that makes us mortal enemies now?

Depends on your view of EU material, I suppose, but really, if you’re Fett, how do you let yourself get into that situation in the first place? You know exactly what Luke is capable of, because you saw Jedi capabilities when your father was killed. You’re wearing a jetpack. As soon as Luke has the lightsaber in hand, why not just fly away? Why are you so loyal to Jabba that you let yourself be jobbed so severely?

I do not accept episodes 1-3 as canon. And I’m pretty sure I escape in one of the short stories.
And anyway, it’s not loyalty to Jabba; its professional pride. Paid to do a job? Stay to do the job.

Loyalty schmoyalty … wotevva!
pfffrrrrttttt!!!

Ciao Jabba :wink:

I don’t like the prequels much, either (there was a supercut somewhere I saw once that cut out almost everything, leaving 20-30 minutes of not-horribly edited total prequel footage), but they’re still canon.

For the other part, though, the only job Fett was paid to do was deliver Solo to Jabba. After that, he was just hanging out at Jabba’s palace, basically mooching like all the other guys there. He had no stakes in the fight between Luke and Jabba’s people.

Headcanon: Fett was paid to be there, but not by Jabba.

Vadar is obviously aware, following the events of Empire, that Luke and Co have escaped. Luke has already tried to rescue Solo once, so Vadar believes Luke’ll go after Solo again.

We also know that Vadar has a previous working relationship with Fett, and that long range communication is possible.

So, after the events of Empire, Vadar calls Fett, tells him what’s happened, and told him to keep an eye on Solo, notify him if Luke shows, and capture him alive if at all possible.

They just don’t show any of that in the movie.

That’s my theory and I’m sticking with it! :smiley:

Haha, I can’t take seriously any theories from someone who doesn’t know how to spell Vader. One of the most iconic characters in any fiction medium of the last 100 years! Side note, interesting theory, but don’t think Vader would rely on Fett for this.

Wasn’t it Fett that clued Vader into cloud city?

As much as I hate myself for saying it, piggy is correct since that sets precedent for Fett being in the employ of Vader.

:blush: last time I use voice dictation!

According to at least one credible source, George Lucas himself says Boba Fett escaped. No greater authority than the man himself.
Here’s one explanation (in Lego) for how Boba Fett survived
If you don’t want to read the full story (with detailed lego pictures), click here for one of the many summaries.

Actually, 2 and 3 work fairly well if you just drop 1 on the cutting room floor. Unfortunately, that leaves out Qui-Gon, but if you then watch them in the order of 4, 5, 2, 3, 6, then 2 and 3 become the flashback to how Vader got so screwed up and the overall story hangs together much better. The parallels between Luke and Vader get punched up, with both of them suffering a certain level of betrayal from a father-type figure and responding to it in different ways.

Yes, exactly. Like I said before, there was a fan edit of all three prequels floating around that cut out A LOT of stuff, leaving only the truly important pieces that really give you insight into the character and the original “sequels”. Not sure what the name of it was or where I saw it, it’s probably on Youtube now.

Cute.

But back to the op’s problem. Your problems do not sound right for it being just a resolution problem. Did you say the installer was missing text? That’s not normal. That’s not a bug, that’s an OS problem. What do you do mostly with your PC, if I may ask? Are any other apps having issues, like Word, Outlook, Chrome? Chrome is the only app I’ve ever had serious problems with display, and I found a setting to fix the font sizing.

I have Windows 10 and a WUXGA monitor from a few years back which is higher than most even today at 1920x1200 (although 3k and 4k screens are becoming more common now). I have the Windows UI set to exactly where I want it. You might try changing the settings on yours by going here:

Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display

I made these changes with Windows 7 before upgrading to 10 and it looks the same now as it did then, so this isn’t just a Windows 10 issue.