Same file in two editors, active window changes on quit

1. Open project with two editors, different documents. Emphasis is on top editor (even though I last worked in document open in bottom editor in ‘compose’ mode). Expect the emphasis to be on the last used document.
  2. Click into bottom editor. Open ‘compose’ mode; work in document. Command-S to save changes. Command-Q to quit program.
  3. Scrivener goes back to main editor/split screen as it is quitting. The document I had worked on in bottom editor is now open in top editor too, and emphasis has changed to top editor.
  4. If the program is started again after quitting and same project opened, same document is open in both editors, with emphasis on top editor.

I have had this (emphasis changes to top editor and same document is open in both editors) happen a few times when coming out of ‘Compose’ mode. I can’t find anything in Preferences that I think might be responsible.

First noticed this on a Mac Air running OS 10.9. I was able to reproduce using these steps on a Macbook with OS 10.7.5.

If it helps, Console says:
Dec 1 19:50:25 Susans-MacBook-Air.local Scrivener[10550]: 10.4-style NSDateFormatter method called on a 10.0-style formatter, which doesn’t work. Break on _NSDateFormatter_Log_New_Methods_On_Old_Formatters to debug. This message will only be logged once.
Dec 1 19:50:26 Susans-MacBook-Air.local WindowServer[131]: disable_update_timeout: UI updates were forcibly disabled by application “Scrivener” for over 1.00 seconds. Server has re-enabled them.
Dec 1 19:50:27 Susans-MacBook-Air.local WindowServer[131]: common_reenable_update: UI updates were finally reenabled by application “Scrivener” after 1.54 seconds (server forcibly re-enabled them after 1.00 seconds)

This isn’t a huge deal, but it’s annoying to have to keep on reopening the previous file in the top editor.

Sorry if this is a known issue, but I couldn’t find the list on the site.

Susan