'Save PDF to Scrivener' not working after upgrade

Hi,

I just upgraded from version 1 to version 2.3.

However, if I try to send a pdf file to Scrivener (via the Mac-internal print dialog), it still tries to send the pdf to the old version - since I deleted that version, it gives me an error message (‘error while printing’).

What I did to get rid of this error is to deleteall instances, reboot my computer and re-install the version 2.3. But this didn’t change the situation.

What is also strange is that the ‘Save PDF to Scrivener’ still showed up in the printing dialog, even after I had deinstalled both the old and the new version of Scrivener. Should this option not disappear once Scrivener is deleted?

Any ideas about what to do now?

Thanks,

Fabian

Hi,

You need to delete the PDF Service itself to fix this - for some reason, PDF services are very fragile and seem to get corrupted easily. Anyway, to do this, in the Finder navigate to ~/Library/PDF Services (if you are on the App Store version, that may be ~/Library/Containers/com.literatureandlatte.scrivener2/Data/Library/PDF Services). To access the ~/Library folder on 10.6 and above, hold down the Option key while opening the “Go” menu in the Finder, then select “Library”. Then delete the “Save PDF to Scrivener” alias from the PDF Services folder. Scrivener will recreate this file if it doesn’t find it when next launched, which should fix things, as the cause of this problem is usually that the file has somehow become corrupt.

Hope that helps.

All the best,
Keith

Hi Keith,

thanks a lot, that did the trick! Thanks also for pointing out this folder to me, I was already wondering how I could get rid of some of the entries in the print dialog.

All the best,

Fabian

Glad it helped!