Scapple 1.4.1 for macOS is now available. Scapple 1.4.1 is a free update that adds several minor enhancements and provides numerous bug fixes. A full list of changes can be found here:
Scapple 1.4.1 is also a milestone in two ways:
A swathe of the core code has been updated from Objective-C to Swift, Apple’s modern programming language. The changes we’ve made in the background pave the way for Scapple’s future.
This is the first Mac release that I didn’t code entirely myself. In fact, the entire update and Swift changes are down to our new(ish) coder, Ian.
#### 1. HOW TO UPDATE IF YOU BOUGHT DIRECTLY FROM US ####
- Select “Check for Updates” from the “Scapple” menu within Scapple itself and follow the on-screen instructions;
- Go to literatureandlatte.com/scapple/download and click on the red “Download” button beneath “macOS” to download and re-install Scapple.
If you have already seen the update notification and followed the on-screen instructions to update, you don’t need to do anything else.
#### 2. HOW TO UPDATE IF YOU BOUGHT FROM THE MAC APP STORE ####
- Open up the Mac App Store.
- Click on the “Updates” button in the sidebar.
- You should see Scapple listed with an “UPDATE” button next to it - click on the “UPDATE” button.
Thanks and all the best,