Scapple documents no longer open in tabs

Hi, I hadn’t opened Scapple in a few months, but now I notice that there is no longer an option to open Scapple documents in tabs. Each document is in a separate window (which is a bit frustrating).

Is this an update to Scapple, or something caused by my MAC OS update?

I’m running macOS Big Sur 11.4, Scapple 1.4 (1122) on a MacBook Air.

Many thanks for any insight into this,
Ian

Yeah, it was caused by updating to macOS 11, sadly. Apple has yet to make it possible to use tabs with the type of window that Scapple uses (the new “borderless” look). Hopefully they fix this in a future update.

Ah, I wondered if that might be the problem.

Many thanks for letting me know.

All the best,
Ian

I’ve just updated to Big Sur and I’ve found this problem. It’s a huge one, because when one works with lots of documents, not being able to open them in tabs makes the work confusing and hard.
Aren’t the developers planning to fix this instead on relying on an update from Apple? The previous message was from two months ago and still there’s no Big Sur fix for this.
Please, we need Scapple to be kept alive and fixed when it needs to.
Thanks.

Unfortunately it’s something that Apple has to fix, as it’s part (or not a part of, depending upon how you look at it) the window border itself. It would be like us “fixing” the traffic light buttons.

I just updated from Mojave to Monterey and have hit this issue.

I notice that Scrivener (3.2.3) seems to overcome this issue and still maintains its tabbed windows whereas Scapple (1.4.1) has lost its tabs.

What does this mean?

Thank you

It means Scrivener uses a different type of window than Scapple does, that’s about it. :slight_smile:

Mac OS Monterey , Scapple 1.40.2
In Mac OS pref, new docs set to tabs, and indeed create tabs in other apps.
thanks in advance for your time and help

Hi Dorindon,

Turns out this is a problem that’s been around for a while and requires Apple to fix.

Here’s a post about the issue.

1 Like

Hi, thanks very much !