Scriptwriting

Tremendous app. I am relatively new to Scrivener and have found it clear, useful and intuitive. I use iPad Pro with a Brydge keyboard, I don’t have a laptop or desktop machine and have become dependent and used to getting the best out of my pad.

As a scriptwriter I use Final Draft and Celtx.
I would love to shift my work flow to Scriviner as it suits me well.

My wish is that IOS be capable of play scripting as well as screenwriting. Travelling hopefully. Cheers.

Hi,

Thanks for the kind words!

Technically, Scrivener for iOS is capable of play scriptwriting, it’s just that it doesn’t have any play script formatting templates built in at the moment. If you own or use the macOS or Windows versions, you can set up a project to use play scripting, then open that project on iOS and iOS will use that form of script.

The ability to choose such formats directly on iOS might come in the future, but for 1.x I needed to keep the various UI elements manageable.

What are you after? U.K. Or US script formatting? I should be able to upload a project with the script format you need. (In fact, it might be a good idea for us to make a few such projects available for download by iOS users not using a desktop - that would be a good idea.)

Thanks again,
Keith

Thanks for the swift reply Keith,
I could do with uk and us formats, sounds like a great idea to get templates out there, selfishly it’s certainly good for myself and my associates lol. Seriously, I would appreciate access to stage play templates in any form, the organic nature of Scrivener and it’s research capabilities have certainly cleared up my natural lack of organisation and given my writing partners hope and clarity instead of of their usual panic and frustration. Chuffed to bits with it.
In short Templates would be a godsend.
Cheers

Hi,

Sorry for taking a couple of days to get back to you. I have created two blank projects, one that is set to use US script format, the other UK - you can download them here (they are both contained in this single zip file):

literatureandlatte.com/misc/ … ormats.zip

I haven’t had time to edit and clean these up for iOS-only users yet, so the text in the info document at the top of the binder gives a bunch of instructions that are only really applicable to macOS users. I’ll also need to create a new Compile Appearance setting for these at some point (although you can of course do that yourself). The main thing, though, is that they are set to use the relevant script formats, so you can open these projects on your iPad or iPhone and edit them however you want them. You can then use them as a basis for new projects, duplicating them as necessary.

We’ll look at putting up a page of templates like these, but edited specifically for iOS users - I think that’s a great idea.

Thanks for the kind words!

All the best,
Keith

Thank you very much Keith. Fab service, much appreciated. Sorry in return for my delay in getting back to you, I am locked away in the studio at the moment. My fellows are loving the app as a lyric writing device, handy to shuffle verses, choruses, bridges around and such a clean and clear presentation for sharing. Another plus.
If future development allows it would be great to be able to play back imported MP3 and see/work lyrics simultaneously, a dream but a practical, cool dream all the same.
Thanks again,
Cheers
Robbie