Just to let you know that Scrivener 2.0.2 is now available for download. This is a free update for all registered users of Scrivener 2.0. Although 2.0.1 was only released on Thursday, I received hundreds of crash reports over the weekend while I was away, most of them down to a bug I had introduced in the compile panel. Thus I thought I’d get this out to everyone as soon as possible. The changes are as follows:
- Fixed bug introduced in 2.0.1 whereby Scrivener would crash when you selected “Custom” as the Compile format (and in various other situations when using the Compile sheet).
- Changed “Copy without Inline Annotations or Footnotes” to “Copy without Comments and Footnotes”, and fixed bug whereby the links to inspector footnotes and comments would not get stripped when using this option.
- Scriptwriting elements no longer show project auto-complete list items if “Include project auto-complete list” isn’t ticked for the element.
To download Scrivener 2.0.2, either:
- Select “Check for Updates” from the Scrivener menu within Scrivener itself and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Go to literatureandlatte.com/scrivener.php and click on “Download for Mac” to download and re-install Scrivener.
If you have already seen the update notification and followed the on-screen instructions to update, you don’t need to do anything else.
For 2.0.3, my plan is to start using the “Beta Testing” section of the forums again to release some public betas before it goes live (but 2.0.3 won’t be for a good few weeks yet, so please no questions about when it will be ).
All the best,