Scrivener 2.0 - Coming Soon (No, Really)

That is, if you didn’t forget to put your clocks back on Saturday, of course…

I’m feeling like somebody that is camping infront of an apple store, waiting for the new product. :slight_smile:

No!! Hes probably hung over. Hell be a bit tetchy till about 4pm☹ Anyway, Kevs never been the dependable type. I wouldn`t be expecting too much of him.
However, you can sing along with Scrivener Quoir: youtube.com/watch?v=ci77llH0 … re=related
Fluff

Waiting waiting waiting. Will grade a few papers until…

Started going through the tutorial that came with the NaNoWriMo edition, and wish I went through the tutorial in 1.x! Very helpful.

Can’t wait for the full 2.0 version.

Will it include anything that the NaNoWriMo edition does not?

Almost beside myself with excitement - pathetic really!

We must calm our minds…focus…center…relax. Chant, “The Scrivener will come, the Scrivener will come, the Scrivener will come.”

And it will
And it will
Indeed, fellow devotees, it will

Thinking about calling in sick…just so I can be here when it releases. I feel like I have a winning lottery ticket and I am making a list of all the things I want to buy…or write.

I too feel like I’m in front of the Apple Store. I’ve been checking the site and forum every few minutes since midnight last night. I can’t get any work done. Ha! The anticipation is killing me.

Its 6pm in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia , and yes I need Scriv 2.0 to jump kick my phd (Scriv is not a magical solution, but hey…its the next best thing to ipad (or better ?) , can’t wait to import files and see how things look. Come on Kevin don’t come out and say well guys I need a week or so more …just put out 2.0 …mentioning ipad have you seen the Scrivener look alike on ipad ? Same corkboard and index cards…looks a copycat is busy.

Was speaking briefly with one of the developers via Twitter this morning, I still think the release is on track for today but from what I can gather it may be quite late in the day.

I would try checking back around 21.00 / 22.00 GMT

It’s going to be great though!

I had to chuckle. Not only does it feel like waiting outside that Apple store, at 11:26 a.m. EST, there was a line with “igorvol, khalid1, PMcGovern, POost, Siren, Xonze and 24 guests.” What should we be playing in iTunes while waiting?

order # ST84869148
placed 11/1/2010 9:04:40 AM
Scrivener 2.0 for Mac OS X (Regular Licence)

The store is working, through an old link. But the page where the download will arrive, isn’t ready yet. But that’s what the NaNoWriMo beta is for.

For reasons difficult to explain, I was just listening to Donna Summer “I feel Love”.
Oooow, them seventies…

We work on UK time, but I have to wait for Ioa, in the states, to finish things off too. Everything will be live sometime this evening (UK time).

Although you can still access the store behind the scenes, please don’t try using it yet if you own 1.x, because there will be update links available so 1.x users can buy at a reduced price, and we don’t want to have to refund dozens of over-eager users - although we do very much appreciate the eagerness and enthusiasm, so thank you!

All the best,
Keith

P.S. To the person who said they spoke to one of the developers on Twitter earlier: David isn’t a developer, he’s an overpaid tea-maker who now lives too far away to make me tea. :slight_smile: (David, are you reading this? You live too far away to hit me anyway, ha!)

My bad about the developer, assumption is an evil thing : )

I have to attend a function early evening, around 8.00pm. I should be back around 9.30pm when hopefully I’ll be able to purchase the new version.

I got it, I got it - you can see me coming out of the store - holding the Scrivener 2.0 in my hands …
…or at least I just bought a serial number :slight_smile:

It seems, that I have to wait for the 2.0 trial version to download and activate it. The website where I should get it - literatureandlatte.com/scrivener.php - is 404.

Or is this the wrong URL in the invoice? Should it be …scrivener.html ?

Same here.

Similar question: I own Scrivener 1, and want to upgrade, but that is not an option via the current trial link. How can I upgrade?

Patience.

2.0 is not officially available yet. Based on Keith’s most recent posts, it will go live in the next few hours, and then all will become clear.

In the meantime, I’d like to suggest that we all follow Keith’s example and have some tea…

EDIT: It looks like the ability to purchase 2.0 is live (the “Buy” button in the preview version of the app is working), but the download of the release version itself is still unavailable. I recommend waiting until the “Buy Now” button on the website is activated.

To answer the question of the guy who asked how you upgrade: Once everything goes live, you will just click the “Buy Now” button which will take you to the online store. Then if you look carefully you will see a link that says “owners of 1.x click here to upgrade,” or something similar.