Scrivener 2 Preview (unabashed praise thread)

I think I’m in love. It’s beautiful. And to think that it’s “only” a preview edition. :smiley:

Thanks so much, Literature and Latte team, for putting so many hours and so much work into this.

Thank you! Unabashed praise threads are my favourite! :slight_smile:

Seriously, will you TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY?

Thank you.

Just had a little play before bed. (With Scrivener, that is.) I really really really like this programme. It’s just so good. Thanks everyone!

I have to say, I’m loving it too and I haven’t even delved into it yet, just opened a project and poked around a bit.

It’s shiny!

Awesome job Keith, and I can’t wait to get the full release on Nov 1st. I assume that projects worked on by the ‘NaNoWriMo version’ will happily work with the ‘official’ 2.0?

I am doing NaNoWriMo, but I can’t resist the temptation to work on my main project in 2.0 either :wink:

Eddy

Eddy, no problem. The 2.0 format is locked in at this point and even if it did change for some reason, whatever version comes after that NaNo preview will be able to parse and update the preview format. Please feel free to use this.

Woohoo! I’m using! I’m using!

With my main project being 54Mb now (including research), it feels ‘snappier’ generally. I’m already feeling more productive!

Eddy

I got Scrivener 2.0 Preview as soon as it was released yesterday evening. I made a backup of my mac and installed …

It worked straight out of the box (eh, zip-file). I opened the project I was working on and Scrivener converted it (telling me there was no way back, kind of scary).

So far everything works perfectly. It is snappy, slightly more appealing to look at that the old version (but not so much as to make it distracting), and I keep discovering little things that have been improved - not to mention all the new cool features I look forward to using.

:smiley:

Thank you for all your great work.

I love the new Scrivener. Thank you for all your hard work - I’m already in full warrior mode; bashing away and getting things done in the latest iteration of greatness!

Thanks once again and keep it up - you chaps do deserve some really good tea (and more)!
I’ll be upgrading from 1.54 just as soon as that option becomes available.

(yeah - lemme pay you) :slight_smile:

ok… my scrivener waits for no man. WORK!

Thank you! Much appreciated!

I am a long time Scrivener user (1.1), and I was very excited to be able to download the Mac preview yesterday. I kept hitting refresh on the forum and Twitter. And finally, it was available! Twenty minutes later (it wasn’t on Amazon S3 yet…), I installed it, created a test project and played with it for an hour. I was pretty impressed, but not as much as I thought I would be. Ok, the interface is good.

Today, I spent the entire morning reviewing the settings, tweaking the interface, learning the new features. The manual was very helpful, thank you AmberV (I think you did it, right?). And… wow! Backups! Simplenote sync! Scratch pad! Quick references! New compile screen! Collections!

Now I get it, and I don’t know why I didn’t see the need for these features yesterday, maybe I was tired. Thank you so much for this release, everything is easier to find and to understand (this is the most important new “feature”), with incredibly useful additions. I still don’t see the need for a freeform corkboard, but I guess others will appreciate it.

I have a question: is the new tutorial complete or should I wait a week to be sure I don’t miss anything?

We have SAVE AS!!! It runs on OS 10.4!

Keith,
v. 2.0 looks and feels great!

Thanks a million for making great software even better.

Steve

Since my only feedback so far has been complaining about the new Scrivenings divider, I figured I should also mention that everything else got better. I have nicknamed this version “Squeevener” in conversation with a long-suffering friend. Because… squee :slight_smile:

Thanks for the kind words! Everything’s a bit hectic at the moment, as you can imagine, but I am grateful for the positive feedback (whew).

RodIX - the tutorial is complete (although there is a note from Ioa to me lurking, which I forgot to take out). Glad you like it. My emphasis has been very much on refining what’s there, making things easier to use, integrating the tools and adding features that may not always be obvious but which should come in handy when used with everything else.

Thanks,
Keith

In my standard off topicing mode of operation I am currently wondering how one recognize “abashed” praise in this context. Maybe

Took Scriv to bed with me last night. Rolled around with the video and manuals and stuff.
We’re compatible.
No. It’s love…

Just a few words to say how impressed I am with the preview version :smiley:

A large project opened and converted flawlessly and was soon ready to go. The new layout takes a little getting used to but that will come in time. Main feature I like? It just seems so much faster which suggests a lot of time spent on optimizing code.

Well done Keith, you deserve all the praise that will undoubtedly come your way. :smiley:

KB,

The below needs to be the highlighted “user comment” of the year.

Linn, I am sure vic-k is stuttering in admiration.

I finally took the time to really go through all the new features in 2.0, and I have to say I’m really impressed – it’s a beautiful piece of software. Many thanks for all your hard work Keith (and the crew) – you should be really proud of this.
:smiley:

Hi

I just thought it appropriate to join in the praise.

I have been using Scrivener for around 18 months - nothing major or creative really, bits and bobs, work stuff etc, but I love it. It is wonderful software that just makes me enjoy my MacBook even more.

Anyway I have signed up for Nanowrimo and am currently suffering sweaty palms as I try to think of a story to write - hugely scary!!! Downloaded the beta and am just blown away with it. Absolutely fantastic Keith and the team. If you have list of certain purchasers you can add another tick.

Barry