Scrivener Crashing

Hi all, I’m hoping somebody might have some insight into my problem.

I’m on an iMac running OS X Version 10.11.5 (El Capitan) and Scrivener 2. I’ve been working in the app daily for a while, but this afternoon Scrivener just started crashing immediately after I open it. The only thing I can think of that’s even remotely different today as opposed to yesterday is that I installed the latest version of Flash this afternoon, but I can’t see how that would affect Scrivener…any ideas?

Thanks!

What does the crash report say?

The most common El Capitan-related crash is this one, related to Full Screen transitions:
scrivener.tenderapp.com/help/kb/ … ll-screen-

The Flash update sounds like a red herring, but if the project was last opened to a Flash-containing web page it might plausibly be relevant. If you hold the Shift key when Scrivener starts, it will load without any projects, which might help us narrow down the cause.

Katherine

So other apps started demonstrating the same behavior, and I ended up having to wipe my hard drive and reinstall Mac OS. Scrivener is opening fine now, thankfully, but appears to be having some trouble activating. I’m getting “Unknown Activation Error: Product Activation for Scrivener failed with error: -2003.”

I’ll check the forums for info on this, but any insight on my new problem would be appreciated. Thanks!

There’s a known fix for this. Please email our support address and we can send you a software utility from Esellerate that should take care of it.

Katherine

Thanks! It’s all sorted now. (Relief!)