Scrivener opens with corkboard hidden behind copyholder

When I close Scrivener, the left pane looks like this:

The pane is split, with a corkboard below and copyholder above.

But when I open the program again it looks like this:

The copyholder now fills the pane. There is also no way of resizing it to reveal the corkboard.

I have found that the only way to do this is to:

• right click on the copyholder’s header bar

• select ‘Bottom’

• The Header bar’s top edge then slightly thickens, and it is possible to drag it down to resize the copyholder pane.

• I then have to right click the copyholder header bar again and select ‘Top’ to reposition it at the top of the page.

Is there a way to ensure that Scrivener opens with the correct layout?
And is there an easier way of revealing the corkboard if it gets hidden under a copyholder?

Yeah, I’ve seen similar behavior with Copyholders. I don’t use Corkboard much, but the same thing happens with an Outliner + Copyholder scenario. Upon reopening Scriv, the Copyholder sometimes takes up the entire editor pane, as you are seeing. If my memory is correct, I may have reported this a while back; then again, my memory may not be correct! :exploding_head:

Actually, when the Copyholder takes up the entire pane, you should be able to 1) move your mouse pointer directly above the Copyholder’s title field, 2) “grab” the Copyholder top, and 3) drag the Copyholder top down to where you want it.

Copyholder taking up entire Editor pane

After dragging Copyholder top down

Best,
Jim

1 Like

Yes, this is a known problem, and has been for some time.

As noted you shouldn’t have to do the positioning dance to fix it, but the slider is quite invisible so it might take a moment to find it.

It really is not possible to do this when the copyholder is in the ‘Top’ position, as I noted in the first post. You can only grab the top line when the copyholder is in ‘Bottom’ position.

Hmm, I was able to do so, but of course when the Copyholder is at the top then grab line will be at the very bottom of the window, so maybe that is the difference in what we are trying?

There are two different mouse pointers, the Up-Down arrow that appears on all window borders, then the variant with the little horizontal double-bar through the middle that is used for horizontal split bars, about 1px above.

Ok. It is there,
However, I work with Scrivener in full screen, and no footer visible, so the Windows taskbar slides up and obscures everything before Scrivener gets a chance to change the mouse.

1 Like

As a workaround, you could lock the taskbar?

I 'spose so. Thanks for your input, Jimrac, but that ain’t the same as getting it fixed. :disappointed:

Of course not, but –

In this case, finding workarounds seems to be the order of the day.

1 Like