Scrivener quit unexpectedly 3.0.1 update


Ever since my program updated to 3.0.1 yesterday, I cannot get the program to load. I keep getting the message that Scrivener quit unexpectedly. All my dissertation research is in there and I’m in the midst of wrapping up my writing in the next two weeks, so I need to access this. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Sorry to hear you’re having problems. Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling (by re-downloading from our site)?

Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, a couple times now. I’ve deleted, restarted the computer, reinstalled, and it still happens.

Could you please try again? That is, delete Scrivener from your /Applications folder and then try re-downloading Scrivener 3.0.1 from our main product page and reinstalling again.

I checked the crash log you sent me and it indicates that the crash is coming from the Contacts framework. I updated Scrivener 3.0.1 to use the newer Contacts framework instead of the older AddressBook framework, but it seems that the Contacts framework is rather buggy and unstable. I have therefore switched back to using the AddressBook framework and uploaded an altered version of 3.0.1. I’m therefore hopeful that if you re-download now it will work…

Thanks and all the best,

Keith!! It worked!!

Thank you so so much!

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!


Have a great Christmas yourself!

All the best,