Scrivener Scratchpad Uses Invalid Linux Pathname

The scratchpad isn’t really part of my workflow, so I’d almost forgotten this niggle, but I just did a little experimenting. (Latest beta 1.7.3.2, Mint 17.) It turns out I can now cut and paste into the Scratchpad window from within Scrivener, but still not type in it, and the scratchpad window is still not movable.

Scrivener 1.7.3.2, Ubuntu 15.04 64 bit.

I made a little Scratchpad discovery today which I thought I would share with the rest of the class.

So the problem is that after the Scratchpad opens, it cannot receive any keyboard input either in the Note name pane or in the Note content pane. This means that when you have the fault you can do anything you can accomplish with a mouse, but nothing which requires the keyboard. You can always cut, paste etc by using the right-click menu which comes up when you click into the right-hand (note content) pane. You can even rename notes if you double-click on the note name, and then paste in your new title via the right-click menu. But you can’t get the keyboard input.

Graybyrd’s fix - clicking the ‘fist’ (Print Screen or Selection window) and then choosing ‘Cancel’ - seems to work for quite a few people but not for me.

What does work for me is clicking the fist, making the buttons on the new window viewable if necessary, selecting ‘Grab an area with Mouse’, selecting an area and releasing it, and then going back to the Scratchpad.

But the Scratchpad is still definitely not movable for me.

Graybyrd’s Scrathpad post, earlier in this thread, works for me.

I use the Tool menu to launch the Scratchpad. Click on the fist. Move my cursor to the bottom edge of the underlying dialogue window, drag the controls down into view, and hit the Cancel-button with the mouse cursor. The Scratchpad content and note names can then be edited. Overall window is still frozen in place.

The fix appears to need the mouse movement when dragged the button of the underlying dialogue and then hitting the cancel button - because I tried substituting the mouse movement step with just 2 Tab-keys & Enter-key to get to hit the Cancel-button and it does not work. Which would explain why Happydemic’s version of the fix, above, relies on mouse movement as well.

I’m using Scrivener 1.9.0.1 (beta) 64-bit on UbuntuStudio 16.10 on a Asus with Centrino 2 & nVidia.

Thanks all!