Scrivener won't install on Monterey 12.5.1 OS

I’ve just tried to open Scrivener on my Mac, which is running Monterey 12.5.1. (I don’t know if I updated the OS since last using Scrivener, but I think I must have)

It said it was damaged and couldn’t open.

Following all the steps here, I downloaded it again from the App Store. It still didn’t work. I went through a support chat with Apple and did everything they suggested including emptying the trash, signing out of my Apple ID and in again, and restarting.

It still doesn’t work. When I click ‘open’ it says the app needs to be updated by the developer. I’ve emailed Scrivener, but they say they’ll get back to me in 48 hours and I need to open and work on my novel: I’m on deadline with the publisher!

Has anyone had the same issue, is there anything I’ve missed? Thanks

Meant to share this link, which is the steps I followed: Application Won't Restart After Upgrade / macOS: Troubleshooting / Knowledge Base - Literature and Latte Support

UPDATE: Scrivener has sorted this out: I needed to directly download it from them (something I switched to doing in 2020, which I’d forgotten) so the version on the app store I was trying to download was the wrong one.

1 Like