Section Breaks on Compile

Hi. I searched this forum but didn’t find a matching issue. When I compile to DOCX, Each chapter is separated by a next page section break. I would prefer just a normal page break. I looked at the Separators section in Compile --> Edit Formats, but that didn’t show anything other than page breaks.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

I am having the same issue! I’m using Scrivener 3.1.5. EVERY TIME I compile to Word, it puts Section Breaks in between my chapters (Scrivenings). This is incredibly frustrating, because when I try to put a header in for the whole document, the header only works for the section I put it in! So I have to MANUALLY GO IN and delete out the Section Breaks between chapters and replace them with Page Breaks.

I cannot for the life of me figure out where I go in Scrivener to change/fix this. I have been through the forums. I have Googled this elsewhere. I have asked writer friends on Twitter and Facebook. I have clicked every menu I can think of. And still, I cannot undo this in the compile stage.

PLEASE, can someone help? I love this app for writing, but the compile feature makes me want to bang my head against the keyboard.

Thanks in advance,

Alan Gratz

Most (if not all I think) of the features that would require section breaks are found in the Page Settings compile format pane. You’ll want to switch off anything that toggles between different header/footers. Secondly, make sure you are not using the <$sectiontitle>, <$pageGroupTitle> or <$pageGroupParentTitle> placeholders, in any of the header/footer fields. Section breaks are necessary to change the flow or content of these fields.