Sharing the database with another Scrivener user

Hi - I am having trouble sharing the Scrivener database I’ve created with a collaborator. She bought her own version of the software, but when she tries to load the database she gets a prompt saying she doesn’t have the correct permissions. I am new to Scrivener and new to this forum…so I apologize if this has been asked and answered before…I couldn’t find it.

How are you sharing the database? Email? Dropbox? Some other mechanism?

Is she able to create and save new projects on her own system successfully? That is, is the problem with this project specifically, or with Scrivener in general?

Katherine

Thanks for the response! It feels more like something I need to do and don’t know how to! I sent it to her via email and she got the “you don’t have correct permissions” response. She is able to use Scrivener herself without any problem - it’s just a question of how to get this particular database to her. Thanks again.

In email, you need to make sure that the complete project is transferred correctly. The best way to do that is to use the File -> Backup -> Backup To command, and check the box to create a ZIP backup.

Katherine

That worked! Thanks :slight_smile: