Somehow deleted theme menu

Messed around and installed some user made themes but ended up accidentally somehow removing the “theme” button altogether, any way to fix this? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no dice! Can’t include a link to a screenshot here but from the Scrivener menu next to the apple logo all I have is Appearance> System Default, Dark, Light and then under those options Keep Main Editors Light, no options for “Themes” even when installing a different user made one.

Partially solved: clicked “Reveal Support Folder in Finder” and dragged a user made theme into the Themes folder and got the menu option back within Scrivener. Now however I no longer have any pf the default options that I had there originally (Solarized, Purple Haze, etc). Are those available on the website anywhere?

Are they missing from the Support Folder?

If so, this may be a helpful link:

MacOS Scrivener 3 themes

1 Like

Scrivener only installs them initially, and from that point you can modify or remove them if you don’t want them. To get the defaults back, you’d need to pull them out of the Scrivener software itself, which isn’t too difficult:

1. Right-click on Scrivener in your Applications folder and select “Show Package Contents”.
  2. Navigate into the “Contents/Resources/Default Support Folder” subfolder.
  3. Select the themes you wish to restore, and Option drag them (to make copies) into your Scrivener support folder that you’ve already located.
2 Likes

Got 'em, thank you for your help!