Speech (Read Aloud) is not Working

Hello everyone. Author Migdalia Torres here. This April Camp NaNoWriMo is not working for me when it comes to the Scrivener 3 (Windows 11) Speak and Read Aloud. This is one of my favorite features and it is now working. I have to read aloud to myself, and I would prefer Speech and Read for English as my Second language and Espanol is my first. The pronunciation of words is crucial in this one. Any suggestions as to why it is not working on my Scrivener 3 Windows 11., Also, I have not seen any Updates for Scrivener 3 (Windows 11). Have we been forgotten? (mt)

Hi Migdee04, and welcome to the forum.

First, please try rebooting your computer if you haven’t already. If text-to-speech still doesn’t function after that, please try the following steps:

1. Download and unzip the attached “qtexttospeech_winrt.zip” file:
    qtexttospeech_winrt.zip (26.0 KB)

2. Make sure Scrivener is closed. Then, move the “qtexttospeech_winrt.dll” file into the “texttospeech” subfolder in Scrivener’s installation folder. (On most PCs, the path will be C:\Program Files\Scrivener3\texttospeech).

3. Once the file has been placed into the texttospeech folder, launch Scrivener and try using the text to speech function to see if the issue is resolved.

1 Like