Switching between Corkboard and Text

Hi fellow Scriveners,

Quick how-to question. Long-time reader, first-time poster.

In the binder I have a folder named “XYZ” that contains about 20 index cards with short synopses. Each card also serves as a Text page with various notes, jottings, etc. Now here’s the problem.

What I want to do is to be in XYZ in Corkboard mode, double-click on an index card and have it automatically open its text page. What’s happening now is that I’m double-clicking and nothing happens. (I’ve tried pressing “Corkboard” in the Toolbar but that just brings me to the blank XYZ text page.

I think I used to be able to do this a few months ago, but I can’t be sure. (Perhaps I’m dreaming or I messed around with a Preference I shouldn’t have . . . ) It’s not a dealbreaker or anything, it’s just vaguely irritating having to perform multiple clicking operations to navigate to where I want to go.

Anyone have any ideas?

Hi,

Try double-clicking on the icon in the index card - that will open the text (provided your navigation preferences are set up right, which they will be by default). Double-clicking on the card itself allows you to edit it.

Best,
Keith

Brilliant! Well, that was easy.

(By the way, Keith, my girlfriend likes Scrivener so much she’s thinking of coming over to the Mac side just so she can use it. Thanks for the great app.)

No problem - and thanks. :slight_smile: If she does come over to the light side, drop me a line and I’ll give her a discount. (Though if you live together she doesn’t need one as she can use your copy.)
Best,
Keith