Sync Annoyances...

If I turn on syncing on a project, whenever I exit, I have to go through some dialog boxes, and I don’t understand why, as they never appear when I don’t have syncing turned on.

As I close the project, after saving it:
First, the syncing takes place.
Second, I get a dialog saying: Do you want to save changes?
Third, another dialog saying: The documents file has been changed by another application (I choose save anyway)

Why does this happen?

Note: All of the files are in my dropbox; but I know that Scrivener should be dropbox friendly, right?

Brett

The two save dialogue boxes that pop up are a bug; Keith’s aware of it and working on replicating it himself in order to fix it. For what it’s worth, there doesn’t seem to be any actual difference between clicking “save” and “don’t save”–the files appear exactly the same either way. cf. https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/how-do-you-turn-off-syncing/11578/1

I can get the save dialogues just syncing to a folder on the desktop, so I don’t think it’s anything to do with Dropbox.

I fixed this yesterday. I’ll have a build with the fix available in the Beta Testing thread soon.

Ooh, great! Thanks!

Actually thanks to you - it was the instructions you sent me that helped me reproduce it. :slight_smile:

Apologies for reposting the bug (I did have a brief look around, but was a bit lazy obviously). Great that it is now fixed!