Text Find doesn't work in Copyholder, when Outliner in Editor

When a Copyholder is attached to an Editor in Outliner view, attempting to execute Text Find always invokes the Outliner Filter, even when the Copyholder has focus.

This is true for keyboard shortcuts or menu options.

See the screenshot below. The Copyholder has focus, but the menu option is forcing Outliner Filter, not Text Find.

Note in the screenshot that the Find Next / Find Previous commands will work, if a prior Text Find has been done.

This seems to be similar to an issue I reported last year where the Outliner Filter overrode Text Find in QRPs, which has since been fixed. (You can tell I use the Outliner a lot!)

Best,
Jim

I recall that this issue was fixed, but unfortunately I am seeing it again in 3.1.4.1.

Best,
Jim

Thanks, I’ve written up a ticket for it.

1 Like

Unfortunately I am still seeing this in 3.1.5.1.

Best,
Jim

It’s still on the list. :slight_smile: The last couple of updates focused on the Qt upgrade and issues revolving around that (a lot of the work was unseen, to make the release with Qt6 work the same as the prior version with Qt5), so we were not able to fit in as many other bug fixes as we (and I’m sure you!) would have liked. It’s not forgotten, though.

2 Likes