The hero's journey template

I would suggest:

1. verify the spelling of the extension
  2. drag it on top of the icon for Scrivener to launch it, or
  3. Right click (option-click for those with only one button) and select “Open With…Scrivener” from the pull-down menu.

Those are general Mac tips, not anything I have tried with this particular malfunction.

Scrivener won’t open .scrtpl files in that way. They need to be saved into the ~/Library/Application Support/ProjectTemplates folder and then selected when you go through New Project in Scrivener.
Best,
Keith

I know this is an old post, but I’m hoping someone can lend me a hand. Is there a way to import The Hero’s Journey template into the last Scrivener? The file extension .scrtpl won’t open. It needs to be .scrvtemp. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
Marisa

I think you’d have to create a project from it in the V1 version, then convert it.
I could give it a try later today.

If meanwhile you manage to make it work, please post the new result. This is interesting.

There are a few posts related to Hero’s Journey Templates on the forums, eg. this one. And of course there are a few templates out there on the internet.

As @Vincent_Vincent says, the one referenced in this post is Mac Scriv v1. I would suggest you find and try some of the other Hero templates, as that would likely be faster than waiting for someone to load Scriv from 2 versions ago–if that’s even possible on modern Mac O/S–to convert the template in this thread.

Best,
Jim

1 Like

I failed. The template, it seems, isn’t compatible with V1 for Windows.

Plus: (it was a bad idea to reinstall that legacy version on top of 3.1.4 and the beta.) :grimacing::rofl:

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve been trying to find a windows template, not much luck so far. But thank you for your help!

1 Like

Thank you anyway! I shall continue my search.

Thank you for your help!