I’m trying to compile my screenplay to PDF but the script is beginning at the bottom of the title page for some reason and I can’t figure out how to insert a page break. Also the numbering starts on the title page.
I found the previous version of scrivener much easier to use, struggling a bit with this version!
Thanks for any help received!
Pro (on strike) screenwriter here. I’ve found that the easiest workflow for me is to avoid compiling your screenplay, export it as an FDX, then open it in a pro screenwriting app, and make the final fixes there.
If you don’t own a seat of Final Draft, MMScreenwriter or FadeIn, I recommend WriterSolo which works nearly as well and is 100% free.
Here are the steps I take:
- Put all the script documents in a folder;
- Duplicate the folder;
- Merge the duplicate folder into a single document;
- Export the merged document to an FDX file;
- Open the FDX file in screenwriting app;
- Fix formatting, numbering, title page, etc;
- Use screenwriting app to output to PDF and FDX.
Hope that helps.
Thanks so much for replying and good luck with the strike!