To use that sync feature, what does one have to do to let Scrivener use a special (word processing) program to edit the docs / folders?

To use that sync feature, what does one have to do to let Scrivener use a special (word processing) program to edit the docs / folders?

What is “that sync feature”? Are you referring to the external folder sync feature, that exports and maintains a set of easily editable documents to a location of your choosing? If so, check out §14.3, Synchronised Folders, in the user manual PDF, and let us know if you have any further questions.

The result of this operation is regular old files on your drive, with the defaults using a word processor friendly file format. At that point, the are just normal files you can open and save.

Do not know what the (real) name of it is, sorry. Sorry, just used the name mentioned here: How could one get the lists to work? - #6 by Mad_Girl_Disease

and let us know if you have any further questions.

What does one have to do to let Scrivener use a special (word processing) program to edit the docs / folders / to let it colaborate with Scrivener? For example a portable Libre or OpenOffice?

The result of this operation is regular old files on your drive, with the defaults using a word processor friendly file format. At that point, the are just normal files you can open and save.

The result is old files? What old files? Why old files? On my drive? Friendly format? Normal files? Sorry, I do not understand anything.

How can I make this tiny editing window of this forum software big (without making the answer post above smaller)? What sense does this tiny editing area have actually?

What does one have to do to let Scrivener use a special (word processing) program to edit the docs / folders / to let it colaborate with Scrivener? For example a portable Libre or OpenOffice?

I’d start with §14.3.1, Setting Up Folder Sync, which walks you through the process. That goes into all of the options as well, so you can skip down to §14.3.2 for how to use the result.

How can I make this tiny editing window of this forum software big (without making the answer post above smaller)? What sense does this tiny editing area have actually?

You can drag the splitter above the composition area to change its height, and there is also a button in to the top-right corner that goes “full screen” (well, within the browser window). That also has a keyboard shortcut of Shift-F11, which toggles it on and off.

I’d start with §14.3.1, Setting Up Folder Sync, which walks you through the process.

Yes, that sounds great. I alredady did, obviously I missed something. Or I could ask someone who uses Scrivener or search on the Internet or take a book or so.

You can drag the splitter above the composition area to change its height, and there is also a button in to the top-right corner that goes “full screen” (well, within the browser window). That also has a keyboard shortcut of Shift-F11, which toggles it on and off.

Ah, yes, doing such makes the answer post above smaller or hidden here, obviously I am missing anything. But what? The short cut does not work here. That button I cannot find. OK, not that important. I am still wondering what sense this might have. Very inspiring such a tiny editing space course.