TShirts [SPLIT TOPIC]

Okay, since three people liked it, here is a slightly more worked version:
NiaD InfMonk Shirt - Draft.png

I’m thinking the design would just be this, with novelinaday.com (in similar script) on one sleeve.
Not sure on colours yet

two options for color

white on black shirt
black on white shirt

URL for orders?

Is that your own font as portrayed here? (the first one)

Yes, although in the second version of the picture I’ve redrawn over it by hand.

How about NIAD (novel in a day) on one sleeve and the year on the other. This way I can collect one from each year. :smiley: Also, I favor white font on black long sleeves. :smiley:

I like it. I don’t normally wear T-shirts or similar with images or writing on, but I’d wear that. Yes, black shirt, white design.

But while I like the idea of having the year on it, I worry that Pigfender might end up with piles of unsold T-shirts.

Mr X

And “Novel-in-a-Day", like that on the sleeve with the yet-to-be-determined logo.

Yeah, I’m unlikely to put date on them, but depending on who we go with and how we order them, it might be possible.

Since there seems to be a preference (and since it’s a vector drawing and so only takes 5 seconds to do), here’s what the same design looks like white-on-black.
Screen Shot 2014-10-30 at 10.55.28.png

Sign me up.

Although… hot rod flames need to be added somewhere.

And why no L&L mention? Just curious.

If he goes with a POD option for printing, that won’t happen.

Version 2 is a very fine design. (Is there no end to Mr P’s skills?) Will it be permissible for non-NIADistas to purchase one? (BTW, just to be boring, chimps aren’t monkeys - but on no account change the design for that reason.)

If I said ‘no’, would you agree to take part next year? :wink:
But yes, of course… available to all. And an interesting link too, thanks!

are chumps monkeys?

Absolutely.

I did some research into manufacturers, and found one that would do great quality stuff at a very sensible price (although P&P to South Carolina / Australia would be… ). The alternative is something like Cafepress which has local distribution, and allows the use of the same design on mugs, hoodies, and all sorts of other things. It might not be the same quality, nor the same price, but it’s more flexible and takes into account the fact that I have a day job and a flat with no storage.

I’m still mulling, and of course “do both” is also an option.

But in any case, I wanted you to know that I’m now leaning towards navy instead of black, because I think it works better for the design:
Screen Shot 2014-10-30 at 16.06.19.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-30 at 16.06.09.png
Note, this is still missing that ever elusive NiaD logo / text.

Just a couple of points:
a) do we get a discount for bulk purchases?
b) do retired hairy-arsed welders, get more favourable, pecuniary terms and conditions?
Y’ not gonna surprise us all, with a NIAD KiWCS, are y? :open_mouth: :blush:
Ta muchly
Vic

I like it (although a little worried by the cough).

It would be nice to have some reference to NiaD included in the main image (maybe between the chimp and the screen?). While I get the reference—love it, in fact, given your original posts when you first floated the idea of NiaD—it’s a little obscure for people not in the know.

Phrased differently: I want to brag, so what good’s the t-shirt if no-one else knows what it means (smug superiority aside)?

I want to reiterate that I do like the design. I will buy. :slight_smile:

P.S. I agree it looks better on the navy.

There’s going to be a NiaD 2015!
Yay!! :smiley:

I’m fine with navy. There are only a few colors I wouldn’t be able to wear with navy that I can wear with black. Hmmm. Shipping. I wonder if I shouldn’t just move to the UK then. It might be cheaper. :wink: I’ll pop in again to see how close we’ve gotten to final. Any chance that final will come before next year and they’ll be available for purchase this year?

OK, to answer some Qs before I stop thinking about this for a little while…

Erm.

Because of the reason.

Yes. In particular, your ‘per unit price’ will be substantially reduced as a result of the marginal increment in postage costs.

Just as soon as I can find someone willing to (for no remuneration) independently verify all the criteria you list, I’ll update you.

If KiWCS stands for Kong-imaged Warm Climate Shirt (i.e. a tshirt with an ape on it), then yes. If it means ANYTHING else, then… no.

The shirt will definitely have Novel-in-a-Day proudly displayed somewhere. The precise location will depend on which supplier I go with… so either on the sleeve, or incorporated into the main design.
It will not go between the chimp and the screen.

Nothing is guaranteed until the sign-up sheet goes up, but… yes, I expect there will be.

There is every chance. I’m not going to ‘do a Keith’ and give an expected release date, but I can say that I’m not waiting until the next NiaD to make them available.

RIGHT, that’s enough. Go write something, all of you. Time to head up one sub-forum in the list!
:smiley:

So, it seems my plans to provide NIAD tees to all and sundry on my list for XMas will not come to pass in 2014. Perhaps next year?

[quote=“pigfender”]
OK, to answer some Qs before I stop thinking about this for a little while…

Yes I would defiantly buy the tee shirt and prefer Navy :smiley: