Two pages (two columns) in the full screen ?

Two pages (two columns) in the full screen ?

There are no immediate plans for this, but there may be some features in the long-term future that will work in a way you’ll like.

I’d like to support this wish.
In MS Word I always write in at least a two page mode and very often in three page mode,
Considering the LCDs are very wide these days, this allows me to see much more of the text at the same time.
It is not the same as seeing one wide page, because our brains cannot read text quickly that way. This is also why newspapers are written in thin columns. They are very quick to read through because we can concentrate on more than just one word. we can see several lines of text at the same time and read faster.
This is exactly what I use when writing in MS Word in three page mode, I can very easily comprehend huge chunk of text and use most of my LCD space.
It is very natural and very fast.
Surprised Scrivener does not do that :open_mouth:
Maybe just try working on something like I do: wide LCD and three page mode in Word. You might be surprised how it helps.
Best regards,
K

This is a pretty old posting by the way. Since then we’ve added two-up Page View mode to Composition Mode on the Mac. These additions will show up in the 3.0 beta for Windows in time.

Here’s what it looks like on the Mac:

[size=80][/size]

Well it’s a little more difficult when your program doesn’t have a million lines of code behind it that establishes a foundation toward the concept of showing text “on a page”. :smiley: That isn’t a natural concept that just exists in software—it must be created, from scratch.

re: This is a pretty old posting by the way.
I know. I was even more surprised nobody supported it so I did :slight_smile:

re: Since then we’ve added two-up Page View mode to Composition Mode on the Mac. These additions will show up in the 3.0 beta for Windows in time.
Here’s what it looks like on the Mac:

Wish I could write the sound I just made. Oh yeah, there’s a way. You know the sound Homer Simpson makes when he dreams of something and saliva drops from his mouth? That’s the sound. Note to myself: delete the Homer Simpson self-reference before posting.

re: Well it’s a little more difficult when your program doesn’t have a million lines of code behind it that establishes a foundation toward the concept of showing text “on a page”. :smiley: That isn’t a natural concept that just exists in software—it must be created, from scratch.
:slight_smile: I meant no disrespect, I am sure you understand. I code only in several simple languages like VBA, AutoHotkey for Windows or Automate for Android, Thanks to these experiences I really admire code that works swiftly and well. Keeping fingers crossed for you! Can’t wait for Srivener 3 on Win.
:slight_smile:
K

Could you tell me how to enable this option on Scrivener for mac? I can’t seem to find it as referenced anywhere in the menus.

Also, does this allow for seeing two different documents in each column in composition mode, similar to the split view that’s possible in the editor?

If you click on the Help menu you will find a search tool which will scan all menu titles. So if you come across a tip referring to a feature, like Page View, that’s a pretty sure way to find it if it is a menu-level feature (and this one is). The shortcut is also ⇧⌥⌘P, but that just toggles it on and off, you’ll want to go to the menu to change settings.

It’s a two-page layout, like in a word processor. If you want the level of capability provided by the project window then consider using Full Screen mode with a pared down set of toolbars and such.